Business Lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA
If you run a business, it is important to have an experienced business lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA on your side. Although hiring a lawyer might seem expensive, it is completely worth the cost. Here are some benefits of hiring a business lawyer.
Select the Proper Business Structure
When you are just starting a business, one of the most important things you have to do is choose a business structure. There are several structures to choose from and not every structure may be suitable for your business. If you choose the wrong structure, it can lead to complications down the road. A business lawyer can help you select the proper structure. For example, if you want the easiest setup and low cost, your lawyer may suggest a sole proprietorship.
It is likely that you will enter into multiple contracts throughout the years. Whether you are getting into a contract with a vendor or employee, you should have a business lawyer review it before you sign it. Contracts can include complicated legal language that the average person does not understand. A lawyer can make sure that the contract reflects your company’s best interests.
Look at Real Estate Agreements
Unless you operate your business out of your house, you will have to buy or lease space in a commercial building. It is a good idea to have a business lawyer review any real estate agreements to make sure they’re fair.
Lawsuits are a subject many business lawyers don’t want to think about. The fact of the matter is that all businesses have a risk of lawsuits. Whether it is brought by an employee or customer, lawsuits can cost a business a lot of money. That is why it is important to have a business lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA on your side. He or she can inform you of all the laws and prevent you from making mistakes. If someone does try to sue your business, your lawyer can help mitigate the damage.
Protect Intellectual Property
Intellectual property may include everything from business services to logos and must be protected. A business lawyer can file a patent on your behalf and make sure that no one else can take your work.
Common Myths About Business Lawyers
No matter what type of business you run, it is important to have an experienced business lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA on your side. However, there are many misconceptions about these lawyers that might make some people hesitant. Here are some common myths about business lawyers that you should not believe.
- If you are just starting a business, a lawyer is not necessary. Some business owners think that they do not need a lawyer when they have just started a company. However, it is actually never too early to hire a business lawyer. When you first establish a business, you will have to decide how to structure it and enter into contracts with employees, vendors and businesses. A business lawyer can provide you with sound legal advice and prevent you from making costly mistakes.
- Hiring a business lawyer is too expensive. Operating a business can be quite expensive, so business owners may try to cut costs in any way they can. However, a business lawyer is one expense you should skimp on. Many business lawyers actually charge affordable rates and are completely worth the price. They can reduce your company’s risk of litigation, which can cost tens of thousands of dollars when everything is said and done.
- You should only hire a lawyer when your business has an issue. Many business owners do not hire a lawyer until their company has a problem. This is a big mistake. If you wait until your business has an issue, it may be too late. If you hire a lawyer from the very beginning, he or she can look out for potential legal issues and prevent them from occurring.
- Small businesses don’t need lawyers. Business lawyers are often associated with large corporations. However, businesses of all sizes can benefit from working with a lawyer. If you own a small business, you will still need a lawyer to help you draft contracts and handle other legal matters.
- If you have a lawyer for your business, others may not trust you. This could not be farther from the truth. Working with a reputable business lawyer actually shows that you’re a responsible business owner. People will know that you want to do everything the fair and legal way and may even have more trust in you.
If you have additional questions about your business, you should schedule a consultation with our business lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA today. Call Heritage Law, LLP today!